Flag of Herm
Herm is one of the smaller islands in the Channel Island group, and is linked to the island of Guernsey for government. The first flag in use for the island was a simple blue banner with the coat of arms of Guernsey placed towards the hoist of the flag.
Then, in 1953, the British vexillologist William Crampton created a new coat of arms for the island. A blue shield with a yellow stripe running diagonally, top left, to bottom right. In the 2 blue halves there are placed 2 white fish. On the yellow stripe are 3 hooded monks.
The flag of Herm took the shield and converted it into banner form, and placed it in the upper hoist of the Cross of St George.