- This Blog
- Links to Flags: A, B, C, D
- Links to Flags: E, F, G, H, I
- Links to Flags: J, K, L, M, N
- Links to Flags: O, P, Q, R, S
- Links to Flags: T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
- Supra-National organisations
- Sub-National flags of Britain
- Sub-national flags of France
- Sub-National flags of North America
- Unrecognized or Disputed
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
The Flag of Alderney
The seal of Alderney came into being in the 19th century, when the Judge on the island wanted to have a seal for the island. The seal that was a yellow crowned rampant lion holding the sprig of Alderney, on a green field. The disc is surrounded with a ring of leaves.
The flag itself was awarded to the island in 1993, when the seal of Alderney was placed in the centre of the red Cross of St George.